- To conduct and manage elections and referenda in Zimbabwe in a transparent, impartial and independent manner;
- To put in place a voter registration system that results in a credible voters’ roll;
- To develop a Secretariat with a well trained, efficient, professional, ethical; satisfied and committed cadre of persons of high integrity;
- To mount relevant training programmes towards the development of an efficient and effective Commission;
- To put in place requisite infrastructure that facilitate the work of the Commission;
- To create and consolidate structures that facilitate good relations between and among stakeholders in electoral issues; and
- To design and develop voter education programme that informs and educate the electorate in Zimbabwe.